Belize is uniquely positioned as a part of Central America and the Caribbean. Belize is an offshore jurisdiction chosen by its high standard to offer bank accounts and the banking secrecy.
Banking secrecy in Belize is strictly enforced by law as such Belize authorities have no direct access to the bank information.
It is well placed to provide high quality professional service which responds directly to the needs of both commercial and private clients, at home and abroad. In addition, its democratic and political stability is an optimum environment providing unparalleled opportunities for the growth and development of the Bank and its clients.
These are the Bank institutions licensed in Belize:
- Domestic Banks licensed in Belize:
- Atlantic Bank Limited
- The Belize Bank Limited
- Heritage Bank Limited
- National Bank of Belize Limited
- Scotiabank (Belize) Limited
- International Banks licensed in Belize:
- Atlantic International Bank Limited
- Belize Bank International Limited
- Caye International Bank Ltd.
- Choice Bank Limited
- Heritage International Bank & Trust Limited
The characteristics of the bank account in Belize are the following:
- Belize Bank account doesn’t require physical presence. All the procedure can be managed by email, post and telephone. The procedure to open the bank account is simple.
- Banks in Belize issues Visa debit cards, Prepaid and Credit Cards in USD currency. Furthermore, the client can chose between personalized or non-personalized cards (no-name cards).
- Tax free for nonresident.
- It is very developed system and very simple and friendly use.
- Several currencies: EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, AUD or CAD.
- Initial deposit is required. The amount will vary depending on the bank entity chosen by the client
- Banks in Belize offer different financial products.
Procedure to open bank account in Belize and required documents.
- Download Dedalos checklist here. So we can have all the information and the details of the bank account.
- Send us Dedalos checklist and the required documents:
- Copy of the Legal Documents of the company certify by a Notary.
- Certified copy of Passport by Notary or Lawyer.
- Original utility bill not older than 3 months (electricity, water, gas, telephone bill or bank statement)
- Original Bank Reference letter in English and the details of the official of the bank.
- Original Professional reference letter in English (the bank will contact with the professional who has issued the bank reference letter).
- If the Director, Shareholder or Secretary is a legal entity. The corporate documents must be submitted.
- CV of the Beneficial Owners.
- In 24/48 hours Dedalos Banking Department will send you the bank application to be signed, and a report and questions that we can face with the Bank.
- You will e-mail the bank application form to us, together with all the documentation mentioned above. We will review it and we will liaise with the Belize Bank until all is as demanded.
- If everything is ok, client will courier all the above documentation directly to the Bank.
- Once, the documentation will be received by the Belize Bank, the account will be active in 2 working days.
- The whole procedure is taking around 2 weeks.